1st std classes to begin from October 25 in Karnataka
Bengaluru, Oct 18, 2021: The state government has permitted Classes from 1st to 5th standards to reopen from October 25.
The state government has issued an order in connection to this today.
“Class from 1st to 5th standards permitted to reopen from October 25 strictly adhering to Covid-19 Appropriate Behavior and SOPs issued by the Department of Primary and Secondary Education,” the order said.
- Parental consent letter for physical classes is mandatory.
- There shall be screening for Covid symptoms on entry.
- 50 percent of the capacity in a class room.
- Providing hand sanitizers
- Physical distancing of one meter minimum as practically feasible.
- No crowding, particularly at school entry and exit
- The class rooms and rest rooms will be disinfected daily using 1 per cent Sodium Hypochlorite solution.
- Only teachers and staff who have been vaccinated with two doses of Covid 10 vaccination will be allowed in classes 1st to 5th standard.
- There shall be additional use of face shield by teachers who are over 50 years of age.
- The operational guidelines on reopening of classes 1 to 5 will be issued by the Department of Primary and Secondary Education.