Chief Minister holds VC with DCs to review flood relief works
Bengaluru, July 15, 2022: Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai held a video conference with Deputy Commissioners of flood affected districts today to review the rescue and relief works.
Highlights of the meeting
- Pay immediate compensation of Rs10,000 for those who lost their homes and take measures for construction of homes for them.
- Priority to restore roads, bridges and powerlines.
- Maintain constant contact with Officials of Koyna dam in Maharashtra to watch the water levels in the reservoir.
- Issue early warning for the villagers in case of discharge of waters from the reservoirs and take measures for shifting the villagers to safer places.
- Maintain coordination with various departments to take up relief work.
- Conduct proper survey of the crop losses, damage to homes and roads.
Other instructions to district administration
- Be prepared for rescue and relief operations based on the weather forecast for the next 5-6 days.
- Relief works should be swift and transparent.
- Take necessary measures for restoration of roads, power supply and drinking water.
- Precautions should be taken in landslide prone areas by deploying rescue teams and shift the people to safer places in case of emergency.
- Form Task Force at Gram Panchayat level for relief works.
- Set up Control Rooms at District and Taluk level to respond to flood relief calls.
- Provide necessary logistics and other assistance for NDRF and SDRT teams.
- Provide ration kits for those who have taken shelter in their relatives’ homes.
- Submit a report on crop losses and pay the input subsidy within a month.