This is the highest ever number of COVID cases in a single day which Dakshina Kannada has recorded.
Of the 238 cases, 23 are primary contacts, 106 with influenza-like illness, 17 with a respiratory infection, and 19 who came from abroad. The contacts of 73 are under tracing.
1. 44-year-old male from Mulki died on July 14.
2. 68-year-old male from Ramadurga- Belagavi died on July 15.
3. 62-year-old male from Mangaluru died on July 15.
4. 66-year-old male from Mangaluru died on July 16.
5. 47-year-old female from Bantwal died on July 16.
6. 76-year-old female from Mangaluru died on July 16.
The total number of positives in the district is 2,763 of which 1,537 are active. Seventy-four were discharged today.
also read: Udupi sees surge in COVID cases