The COVID Care Centres (CCCs) in private sector are specially identified hotels/staying facilities where “Asymptomatic/mild symptomatic COVID positive persons” can be kept under optimum medical observation and care till their recovery. Such an arrangement will improve availability of beds in hospitals for those who are moderately or severely affected by COVID-19.
Udupi, July 09: The Karnataka government has decided to allow establishing COVID Care Centre (CCC) by private medical establishment in collaboration with hotels and staying facilities.
“The private medical establishments which are registered under KPME (Karnataka Private Medical Establishments Act) will be allowed to establish and manage COVID Care Centres for COVID positive persons (followed by triaging by the hospital) in collaboration with hotels/staying facilities,” the circular stated.
Separate registration or permission for such hotels will not be required but such an arrangement shall be duly informed to concerned District health and family welfare/Chief Health Officer-BBMP officer through a letter/e.mail. This arrangement shall be the joint responsibility of private medical establishment and hotel.
These CCCs in private sector are specially identified hotels/staying facilities where “Asymptomatic/mild symptomatic COVID positive persons” can be kept under optimum medical observation and care till their recovery. Such an arrangement will improve availability of beds in hospitals for those who are moderately or severely affected by COVID-19.
The private medical establishments shall ensure:
1. Guidelines from Government of Karnataka regarding establishing and managing CCC issued from time to time shall be strictly followed
- Ensuring only eligible COVID positive persons are admitted to CCC with due information to district/BBMP health authorities
- Availability Of medical staff at facility and tele-monitoring as per guidelines
- Health monitoring of COVID positive person
- Treatment protocol
- Availability of medical supplies
- Adequate training of CCC staff on infection, prevention protocols
- Appropriate diet and ancillary services
- Bio-medical waste disposal as per guidelines
- Discharge protocols
- Ensure to enter details of CCC, like infrastructure and patients (admitted/discharged) in the software application provided by the state government for monitoring the movement of patients
2. It is important that 24X7 ambulance service is readily available to shift patients whenever necessary
3. All charges of CCC (Category wise package rates) shall be displayed and communicated to the COVID positive person well in advance and there shall be no scope for any conflict in this regard. The maximum ceiling limit for the charges is as follows:
4. A three tier approach is recommended:
- The hotel staff like cooks, back office, admins, etc. shall not come in contact with COVID positive persons
- The food delivery personnel and others shall serve Covid positive persons in the rooms under supervision and care
- Medical and health staff shall monitor health condition Of Covid positive persons thrice daily and shall be available round the clock (24 X 7)
5. The private medical establishment shall ensure daily reporting to District Surveillance officer (DSO) regarding number of persons admitted, discharged, referred and health status.