e-Auction for commercial contracts gains momentum in Palakkad Division
Mangaluru, Nov 02, 2022: Palakkad Division of Southern Railway fetched revenue earnings of 12 Crore through E- Auction of Commercial contracts in the last four months.
The Division completed four rounds of auctions in which 11 contracts for managing parking areas, 4 contracts for running of Pay and Use toilets, 19 contracts for advertisement rights and 5 contracts of leasing of parcel vans were awarded.
The Division is planning to conduct a fifth round of e-auction which will commence from 7th November. In this round, auction will be held for
· Leasing of Parcel vans of 6 trains – on 07.11.2022 at 10.00 hrs.,
· Vehicle Parking Contracts for 10 stations- on 07.11.2022 at 14.00 hrs.
· Audio Visual Display contract for 16 stations- on 08.11.2022 at 10.00 hrs.
· Setting up of Non digital boards at 20 stations – on 16.11.2022 at 10.00 hrs.
· Running of Pay and Use toilets at 6 stations – on 17.11.2022 at 12.00 hrs.
· opening of Automated Teller Machines at 6 stations- on 17.11.2022 at 12.00 hrs.
The Division commenced the auctions for awarding commercial contracts from July 2022.
E- auction Platform
E – auctions will be carried out through – e auction /leasing section provided in the Indian Railways E-procurement System (IREPS) site . The auction catalogues for the fifth round of auction in Palakkad Division is published in the section.
How to participate
· For participation in the auction, registration in the e-auction- Earnings and Lease module of IREPS is required.
· One time non-refundable registration fees Rs.10,000/- plus GST @18% will be charged for it.
· Further, the participant needs to open a current account in SBI and link it in their IREPS profile.
· For participation in e-auctions, Lien marked amount is required in the current account for the Earnest Money Deposit.
· There is no geographical restriction on bidders / applicants for registration and participation in any e-auction throughout Indian Railways. Once registered in IREPS, the bidder can participate in any of the e-auctions for commercial contracts taking place over Indian Railways.
· The relaxed eligibility criteria is another attraction of the new contract system through e-auctions. For contract value of upto Rs.40 lakh, no previous turnover has to be mentioned. For contract value of upto Rs.1 Crore, the turnover should be Rs.20 lakh. For contract value above Rs.1 Crore, the turnover required is Rs.50 lakh.
· Quick finalization and possibility of quick re-awarding of contracts in case of failures make it more user friendly. Through the system, the contract can be finalised within three days of auction.
· For the successful bidder, the amount of EMD blocked from the current account at the time of bidding will be converted as Security Deposit. For the unsuccessful bidders, the EMD will be released immediately. No need to pay the cost of the tender form.
· Lien marked amount can be increased if required even after commencing the auction. Successful bidders can start the contract within a month’s time from the date of e-auction. Contract is also signed through the IREPS site.
For more details, please login to www.ireps.gov.in