Manipal, Sept 27, 2021: Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration conducted a webinar on the theme “Changing minds and Changing trends.”
The International Summit on Hospitality, Accommodation & Facility management 2021 was held as part of the International Housekeeper’s Appreciation Week celebration.
About 15 speakers from different domains participated in the program. The event was attended by students, faculty of WGSHA, and the Industry fraternity.
Sanjay Bose, Executive Vice President and Head of HR at ITC Hotels was the Chief Guest.
In his address, he highlighted the importance of Housekeeping in adding value to a guest’s experience.
“Despite reduced footfalls in hotels over the past 2 years, Housekeepers are the most sought-after professions today,” he said.
Ralph Sunil, Group Head of Facility Management services at GMR Group was the Guest of Honor. He spoke about the importance and scope of facility management in today’s scenario.
“WGSHA always believes in industry, academia interface. It improves the quality of education. This summit is our way of recognizing the efforts of the housekeeping and facility management members who are the unsung heroes on the front lines” Principal Chef K. Thirugnansambantham said.
The webinar featured 3 panels.
Some of the panelists at the webinar were:
• Janaki Das – Executive Housekeeper at Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, Mumbai
• Geetha Sudesh – Director of Services at Marriott International, Hyderabad
• Shivani Gupta – Executive Housekeeper at ITC Grand Central, Mumbai
• Dinesh Babu – Executive Housekeeper at Novotel Ibis, Bengaluru
• Ralph Sunil – Group Head of Facility Management Services at GMR Group
• Mohana M – Editor of Clean India Journal, Director of Conferences and Broadcasting, Content Writer, Author, Speaker and Anchor
• Sonia Jaitly Banerjee – Rooms Division Manager at JW Marriott, Bengaluru
• Ila Prabhu – Executive Housekeeper at ITC Hotels, Bengaluru
• Raghubalan G – Author, Image & Hospitality Consultant, Coach, Bengaluru
• Muthuvel Cellamuthu – Housekeeping Manager at Accor, Qatar
• Abhishek Maithani – Executive Housekeeper at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
• Nishant Kumar – Executive Housekeeper at JW Marriott, Kolkata
• Chandan Das – Executive Housekeeper at ITC Maurya, New Delhi
• Sirisha Rao – Housekeeping Manager at Grand Mercure, Koramangala, Bengaluru
• Prabhat Shukla – Director of Rooms and Quality (acting) at InterContinental, Doha