Teams sent to Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Manipur, reporting high number of COVID-19 cases
New Delhi, July 02, 2021: The Centre has today deputed multi-disciplinary teams to Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Manipur in view of the increased number of COVID-19 cases being reported by these States.
The two-member high level team to these states consists of a clinician and a public health expert. The teams will visit the States immediately and monitor the overall implementation of COVID-19 management, especially in testing, including surveillance and containment operations; COVID Appropriate Behaviour and its enforcement; availability of hospital beds, sufficient logistics including ambulances, ventilators, medical oxygen etc., and COVID-19 Vaccination progress. The teams will monitor the situation and also suggest remedial actions.
The Central teams will assess the situation and suggest remedial actions on public health activities to the respective state governments. Copy of the report will also be provided to the Union Health Ministry.
Govt has appointed heads to each team:
- Manipur: Dr. L Swasticharan, Add. DDG & Director EMR
- Arunachal Pradesh team: Dr. Sanjay Sadhukhan, Professor AIIH&PH
- Tripura: Dr. R.N. Sinha Dir Professor, AIIH&PH
- Kerala: Dr. Ruchi Jain, Public Health Specialist Gr. II, RoHFW
- Odisha: Dr. A Dan, Public Health Specialist AIIH&PH
- Chhattisgarh: Dr. Dibakar Sahu, Assistant Professor, AIIMS Raipur
Teams will be supporting them in their efforts for targeted COVID response and management, and effectively tackling the pandemic.