Mangaluru, May 06, 2021: With Dakshina Kannada recording a sharp increase in COVID cases, the district administration has decided to take strict measures from May 7.
The decision was taken after the expert committee meeting on May 5 and the meeting of the elected representatives today.
Deputy Commissioner Dr. Rajendra K V has issued an order considering all the points raised during the two meetings. The order will be in force from May 7.
- Mangaluru APMC, all grocery shops, and shops providing basic needs will be open from 6 am to 10 am. No movement of the consumers or sellers after the specified time.
- Movement of the vehicles related to online service providers like Swiggy, Zomato, and others allowed only till 11 pm.
- No functions including weddings are allowed after May 15 midnight. Wedding allowed before May 15 as per government guidelines.
- Vehicles that move without any proper reason will be seized.
- Local bodies to take action against those who violate COVID appropriate behavior.