Udupi, Sept 19: Devotees who were eagerly waiting to have the Darshan of Udupi Sri Krishna will be able to do from September 28.
Following a nationwide lockdown, the Matha administration had banned the entry of devotees in March.
However, with the government easing the restrictions, Sri Krishna Matha will be open for devotees but with some restrictions.
Giving details, Adamaru Matha manager Govindaraj said that Sri Vishwapriya Teertha Swamiji and Sri Eeshapriya Teertha Swamiji had decided to resume the darshan and sevas at the Matha. However, devotees would be allowed to have darshan but with some restrictions keeping in mind the hygiene.
- Darshan will be between 2 pm and 5 pm.
- Devotees should compulsorily wear a mask and ensure social distancing.
- Entry for Darshan (for local devotees and those from outside) will be only from the North Gate near Rajangana.
- Devotees should enter the gate near Rajangana take the steps near Bhojanashala, get down near Garuda Gudi, have darshan of Lord Krishna and exit through the steps near Mukhyaprana Gudi.
- In future, arrangements will be made for the local devotees to enter near Madhwa Sarovara (entry no-10). However, pass would be made mandatory.
- Sevas can be offered at Sri Krishna matha.
- Devotees can have darshan and will not be allowed to sit inside and chant mantra. They should not touch any materials and use the sanitizers kept on the premises.
- Devotees are asked to strictly follow the instructions given by the security and Matha staff.
- The Matha officials have advised senior citizens and children to pray at home.
- The decision on ‘Bhojana Prasada,’ (Anna Prasada or lunch) will be taken in the coming day.
- Teerthaprasadam will resume after some days.