- To accommodate the growing demand for air travel, CSMIA outlined a comprehensive plan to augment capacity and upgrade the first of its kind Integrated PESC facility while enhancing the passenger experience at Terminal 2
- The newly designed PESC now provides for a contiguous processing area of approximately 2,075 square meters, making it one of the largest in the country.
- The facility enhances passenger experience by nearly doubling the processing space at the PESC.
- The project also added eight new security lanes which included a brand new domestic to domestic (D2D) transfer facility.
- This strategic initiative was designed to enhance processing capacity, reduce wait times, and provide a seamless yet secure travel experience for passengers.
Mumbai, July 03, 2023: Nestled amidst the bustling metropolis of Mumbai, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) stands tall as a testament to India’s soaring aviation industry. Uncompromising in its commitment to providing a secure and swift travel experience, CSMIA has recently unveiled the expansion of its Pre-Embarkation Security Check (PESC) facility.
The first phase of this project was thrown open on 27th March 2023 which added eight new security lanes which included a brand new domestic to domestic (D2D) transfer facility. The second phase of this project focused on enhancing the experience by nearly doubling the processing space at the PESC.
With the infrastructure augmentation, CSMIA now has a total of 5,735 square meters of dedicated space for security screening, and 328 square meters of newly created domestic transfer security check area. The newly designed PESC now provides for a contiguous processing area of approximately 2,075 square meters, making it one of the largest in the country.
Speaking on the occasion, CSMIA’s spokesperson said, “We are excited to announce the commissioning of eight new security lanes and the expansion of our integrated pre-embarkation security check. This infrastructure augmentation is a significant step towards enhancing the processing capacity at T2 of CSMIA and ensures a faster and secure travel experience for all our passengers. We are confident that these new facilities will further strengthen our commitment to providing world-class services to our passengers.”
The expanded facility is a key enabler for smooth passenger movement. To further enhance the experience at this touchpoint, CSMIA has deployed Goodness Champions (Services Specialists) to guide passengers and provided priority lanes for senior citizens, passengers with children/ infants, and specially abled passengers.
With the commissioning of this expanded and enhanced facility, CSMIA has once again demonstrated its commitment to providing a systematic and a hassle-free travel experience for its passengers. The airport’s capacity enhancement initiatives have not only increased its processing capabilities, but they have also enabled it to better serve its airline customers in reducing Minimum Connecting Time (MCT) and ensuring timely transfers. CSMIA’s continued focus on infrastructure development and passenger experience sets a new benchmark for airports in the country, cementing its position as a leading aviation hub in the region.