Mangaluru gets new commissioner as IPS officers shuffle across Karnataka
Mangaluru, Feb 23, 2023: The government has transferred several IPS officers across the state, including Mangaluru.
Kuldeep Kumar R Jain has been appointed as the new Commissioner of Mangaluru, with immediate effect. He takes over from N Shashi Kumar, who has been transferred and posted as Deputy Inspector General of Police, Railways.
Kuldeep Kumar (KN-2011), currently serving as the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Traffic West Division, Bengaluru.
Several other IPS officers have also been transferred as part of the recent shuffle.
- Dekka Kishore Babu, who was serving as the Superintendent of Police (SP) of Wireless in Bengaluru, has been transferred and posted as SP of Intelligence.
- Dr Kona Vamsi Krishna, who was the Commandant of 1st Battalion, KSRP, Bengaluru, has been given concurrent charge of the post of SP, Wireless, Bengaluru.
- Mohammad Sujeetha MS, who was the DCP of City Armed Reserve Headquarters, Bengaluru City, has been transferred and posted as DCP of Traffic South, Bengaluru City, in a newly created post.
- Arunangshu Giri, who was the SP of Koppal, has been transferred and posted as DCP of City Armed Reserve Headquarters, Bengaluru City.
- Yashodha Vantagodi, who was the SP of Karnataka Lokayukta in Belagavi, has been posted as SP of Koppal.
The transfers come into effect immediately and until further orders. The officers are expected to take charge of their new postings soon.