Mangaluru, Sept 18, 2021: The Archaks, employees of Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Temple and Kukke Sri Subrahmanya Temple will have to undergo a Covid test once in 15 days. The devotees wanting to offer Seva should possess an RT-PCR negative certificate. These are some of the new restrictions imposed by the Dakshina Kannada District Administration.
The district administration received requests from the people to withdraw the weekend restrictions on the entry to Kukke and Dharmasthala temple on Saturday and Sunday.
Based on this request the DC has allowed entry to the devotees to these two temples on weekends. Also, people are now allowed to offer Seva.
However, as a precautionary measure, the DC has issued a new order.
The revised order states:
- Covid appropriate behavior should be strictly followed in the temple. The temple management will be responsible for this.
- The temple managing committee, Archaks, and employees will have to get themselves tested once in 15 days and possess an RT-PCR negative certificate.
- Devotees will be allowed to offer Seva only if they have RT-PCR negative certificate which is not older than 72 hours.
To create awareness signboards promoting Covid vaccination should be put up on the temple premises.
- The temple administrations should coordinate with the Taluk Health Officers and open vaccination centers on the premises.
- The major seva (like Sarpasamskara, Ashelsha Bali, Panchamrutha, Nagapratiste) should be limited. The temple management should organize a minimum number of sevas and ensure there is no crowding.