Udupi, Aug 07: In the last 24 hours, Udupi district recorded 245 new cases and five deaths. Udupi Taluk the highest- 125 positive cases.
Of the total 5,605 cases in the district, 3,258 are discharged and 2,292 active cases. The total number of deaths in the district has increased to 55.
Also read: COVID-19: Dakshina Kannada records 166 cases
Of those who tested positive today 89 are under home isolation, 120 at designated COVID hospital, 21 in designation COVID health hospital, and 15 in COVID Care Centre.
Also read: COVID-19: Uttara Kannada records 120 cases
1. 78-year-old female from Udupi
2. 49-year-old male from Karkala
3. 75-year-old male from Kundapura
4. 70-year-old male from Kundapura
5. 65-year-old male from Kundapura.