Mangaluru, July 22: Dakshina Kannada district recorded 162 cases on Wednesday.
The total number of cases in the district have now increased to 3,996 of which 2,160 are active and 1,744 discharged.
Details of today’s cases:
Primary Contacts: 13
International Travel History: 1
Under Investigation: 60
Also read: Udupi records single day high on Wednesday
1. 60-year-old woman from Mangaluru who was admitted to a private hospital on July 18 died on July 21. She was suffering from various health ailments and breathing problems.
2. 70-year-old woman from Puttur was admitted to a private hospital on July 8 with a heart problem, diabetes, and other health ailments. She died on July 21.
3. 75-year-old woman from Mangaluru was admitted to a private hospital on July 19 with acute kidney injury and type-2 diabetes mellitus and other health problems. She died on July 21.
4. 54-year-old person from Davangere was admitted to a private hospital on June 14 with cardiac arrest, acute kidney injury, and acute respiratory distress. He died on July 21.
5. 66-year-old woman from Mangaluru was admitted to a private hospital on July 19 and died on July 20. She had septic shock, bacterial infection, and renal failure.
Also read: COVID-19: Number of discharges overtakes positives on Wednesday in Uttara Kannada